Practice Fusion’s certified e-prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) feature is available in Louisiana to help appropriately credentialed providers meet the state’s EPCS mandate.
Practice Fusion’s EPCS system:
- Is Surecript certified for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (CII-CV)
- Is fully integrated with your EHR and existing e-prescribing workflow
- Offers a streamlined process for identity verification to get you up and running quickly
- Provides Patient-specific Formularies and Drug & Allergy Interaction Checks
- Electronic Prior Authorizations (EPA)
- Comprehensive Reporting Modules
- Meets all DEA and Louisiana PDMP requirements.
Act 676 of the 2006 Louisiana Legislature authorized the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy to develop, implement and operate an electronic system for the monitoring of controlled substances and other drugs of concern dispensed in the state or dispensed to an address within the state. The goal of the program is to improve the state’s ability to identify and inhibit the diversion of controlled substances and other drugs of concern in an efficient and cost-effective manner and in a manner that shall not impede the appropriate utilization of these drugs for legitimate medical purposes.
Integrating Louisiana PMP data within an Electronic Health Record (EHR) like Practice Fusion, provides a streamlined clinical workflow for providers. The EHR automatically initiates a patient query, validates the provider’s credentials in Louisiana PMP and returns the patient’s prescription record directly within the provider’s EHR. The integration should seamlessly fit into the clinical workflow and allow for real-time or near real-time presentation of Louisiana PMP data within the EHR.
To register for the Louisiana PMP, visit https://Louisiana.pmpaware.net/identities/new
e-Prescribing allows a prescriber to use an EHR to:
- Electronically access a patient’s prescription benefit.
- Electronically access a patient’s medication history.
- Electronically route the prescription to the patient’s choice of pharmacy.
e-Prescribing provides the following consumer benefits:
- More accurate prescriptions.
- Improved patient safety.
- Lower healthcare costs for everyone involved.
e-Prescribing provides the following provider benefits:
- Reduction in pharmacy staff time.
- Increase in patient compliance and filled prescriptions.
- Improved relations with patients.
e-Prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) allows a prescriber to:
- e-Prescribe scheduled drugs right from your EHR.
- Use one workflow for all prescriptions.
- Minimize patient wait times at pharmacies.
- Reduce unnecessary office visits.